Magnetic switch/sensor not sending email/sms on open or close.
I have a Twine with the Magnetic switch/sensor. I have the magnetic sensor on a drawer with the magnet right next to it. I set a rule for "on open" for the switch, but I rarely get an email when I open the drawer.
- The magnet is RIGHT NEXT TO the sensor.
- I've tried closing the drawer, waiting various times, up to 5min before opening it.
- Once open, I've tried leaving it open for several seconds (BUT this trigger should be instant since a drawer or door may open/close quickly).
I have received an email:
- Once when opened.
- TWICE while door was closed, in a room by itself for at least 2hrs. So it wasn't a delayed email.
- I set an Orientation rule, which fires just fine, so far.
I bought it for the magnetic sensor, so if this what I can expect, it will have to go back
Note: Currently battery powered, but going to try micro usb powered to see if it makes a difference.
I replaced the batteries and everything seems to be working.
Peter, thanks for the advice, good/quick way to test some things out.
I have a mag switch as well and am looking for ways to use it. Can you post a link to a photo of your set up? I'd like to see how you secured the mag switch down. Was considering designing a housing for the board so it's not exposed all the time.