Has anyone tried an external cellphone battery pack to boost the battery life of a Twine?
  • An external cell phone battery pack might just plug right into the Twine and boost the battery life enormously.

I have a Twine in a location where it cannot be plugged it. But before I waste money on this idea, I was curious, has anyone has tried it? If not, does anyone have a usb-mini phone with an external battery, and are you willing to plug it into your Twine to see what happens?

Thanks,
    S
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I have the older version (iCruiser imp1000) of these that I use for keeping phones, tablets, and whatnot alive on trips: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-compatible-Thunderbolt-IMP120D/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359752334&sr=8-1&keywords=new+trent+battery

It powers a Twine no problems using the cables that came with the iCruiser. Only tested this for about a day, so can't tell you how long one of these would work -- but it probably would be a really long time! I run my Twines off Eneloops, and am satisfied with the run-time.
  • I have used an very old external USB battery pack (that was designed to give an iphone 4  a single charge - not sure of the mAh rating) to power a twine in my cellar. I have had it connected for the last 4 weeks, and it seems to have used 1/5th of the battery power in the battery at the regular update frequency (shown via LEDs on the battery) - so expected lifespan is 20 weeks before it kicks back over to the AAA's. I will then recharge and re-connect.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!