how do you know your twine is working?
  • A couple of times I've asked if a rule could be added allowing the twine to send an alert based on time of day or similar.  I've got a polite "not on the roadmap" response each time.  But I'm baffled.  I want to rely on the twine to monitor "stuff" (in my case a data center in my garage - temp, water, power, door open on server cabinet). But unless I know that the twine is working, I can't be sure that I'm protected.
    I can of course poll the twine.cc page  but that's a pain in the ass - what I want is a daily alert at noon saying "all is well" (or even hourly)
    Recently I discovered that the twine had been off for some time  - psu failure. doh!
    I thought my requested feature was pretty fundamental but clearly not so how is anyone else dealing with this limitation? 

My current plan is to take a Raspberry Pi and create my own twine equivalent but that seems such a waste of time when it's so close to be useful.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • I think twine is on its way out. When support becomes spotty revenue is usually the cause. I don't believe this device evolved Like it should have. Even the dialog among users had dropped off tremendously over the last few years.
  • sounds like a good idea. May people think no news is good news but actually no news is no news.  I wish my Twine would connect to my wifi
  • add me on facebook : mehdi khalil 
    i will tell how to to connect it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!